Enjoy golf on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, Forest of Bowland and close to the Lake District. Bentham Golf Club is a friendly, welcoming club offering golf in the North West of England, close to Lancaster, Skipton and Kendal.
This friendly club has been a family owned Golf Club since 2009, when the Marshall Family took it under their wing. Since then, the course and its facilities have received a lot of TLC, including a refurbished clubhouse, locker rooms and improved course. There has also been the addition of an indoor teaching studio and more recently, a driving range.
Our Membership runs for the 1st March annually, however we are open to new members throughout the year. Members of all ages and abilities are always welcome and, even better, we have no joining fee or waiting list!
To find out what it costs to become a member at Bentham Golf Club, or what memberships we have available, have a look at our membership prices.
What you get with Membership at Bentham Golf Club
- A stunning 18-hole parkland golf course.
- Outstanding views of the Yorkshire Dales, including Ingleborough.
- The opportunity to obtain an CONGU Handicap*
- Weekend and mid-week competition through the summer, including 9-hole competitions and summer leagues.*
- Weekend Winter League competitions.
- Seniors, Ladies and gents league fixtures against clubs in Cumbria & Lancashire.*
- Online booking for casual and competition tee times
- Opportunity to sign guests in at a reduced rate for an unlimited number of times
- Discounted equipment hire charges (we have push/pull and electric trolleys as well as 10 buggies available for hire)
- Discounted entry fees for home Open Competitions
- A county card, allowing you reduced price green fees at clubs nationwide
- Reciprocal arrangements with certain clubs, offering reduced price green fees.
- Weekly Newsletters within the season keeping you up to date with events and members news.
- An online platform to find playing partners and meet other club members through a Facebook group ‘Bentham Golf Club Members’
- No requirement for social membership or bar levies. Anyone can use the restaurant facility, so friends and family are always welcome.
- 1922 Bar & Kitchen is our onsite restaurant, open 7 days a week at seasonal times.
- 1922 Bar & Kitchen loyalty card which earns you points for every £1 you spend.
- A variety of social events throughout the year.
- PGA Professional and Pro’s Assistant staffing a well-stocked Pro Shop, on hand 7 days a week with advice.
- Lessons available 5 days a week from our PGA Professional including individual and group lessons for all ages. (Set lesson periods will apply from 2018.)
- 8 bay covered driving range for practice in all weather, open 7 days a week during daylight hours
- Indoor teaching -come-practice room with simulator software for swing and shot analysis.
To find out more about our membership sections and what they get up to, visit our Membership Information page.
*To be eligible to have a handicap, play in competitions & team fixtures it is necessary to pay a Club Membership of £25 to the Members Club. The Members Club is affiliated to the English Golf Unions, and organises competitions, league and friendly matches and regulates official CONGU handicaps. It is run by a group of Course Members who form the Members Club Committee. To obtain and retain a handicap and to play in Members Club competitions and matches you must join the Members Club.
2018 – 2019 Course Membership
Annual course fees are detailed below and allow access to the Course and Club facilities for the season from 1st March 2018 (or upon payment of fees if after 1st March) until 28th February 2019. These fees do not include membership to the Members Club or your union affiliation fees. Please note: This is not an annual fee from when you pay your subs or in other words does not run for 12 months from the date of payment. i.e if you pay on 1st July your membership will still expire of 28th Feb. the following year. Pro rata rates are offered to those joining late in the season.
|Full Course Member|
|Intermediate Course Member|
|Age as of 1st January 2018|
|Aged 19 years – 21 years||£185|
|Aged 22 years – 25 years||£275|
|Aged 26 years – 28 years||£350|
|Aged 29 years – 30 years||£390|
|Junior Course Member *
|Age as of 1st January 2018|
|Aged 10 years -13 years||£45|
|Aged 14 years – 16 years||£90|
|Aged 17 years – 18 years||£130|
*Coaching sessions held every Tuesday night through Summer from 4:00pm until 7:30pm for Junior Members to enjoy, for a small additional cost. These sessions continue on a monthly basis throughout winter. For more information on the junior section please visit our Junior Golf & Coaching page, in the Pro Shop Section.
Other Membership Types
|If a parent has a child that is a junior member, they may join as a “Buddy”. The parent can only play with their child and the child must be under 16 years of age. This type of membership cannot utilise the benefits of joining the Members Club.||£125|
|To become an Associate Member you must be a member of another Golf Club affiliated to English, Welsh & Scottish Union. Associate Members are eligible for an away handicap and to participate in selected competitions through joining the Members Club.||£255|
|A modern alternative for those either looking for a Country Membership or feel their time is too limited to justify a Full Membership. Our Flexible Membership is a credit based membership which allows you to play at a time which is convenient to yourself. For more information on our credit scale and how many rounds you will get for your 280 credits please read our Our Guide to Flexible Membership This type of membership cannot utilise the benefits of joining the Members Club.||£280|
|For those living 20 miles or more away, enjoy 45 starts with full playing rights 7 days a week, including competitions. (excludes board competitions, knockouts, team matches and golfer of the year title). A handicap can be obtained and held on this membership.||£395|
|The Academy Membership is for those who are new to golf, or looking to get back in to it following a long hiatus. This membership works alongside our ‘Get into Golf’ lesson programme and the cost of £200 includes a 5 week course of group lessons, worth £35 alone. This type of membership cannot utilise the benefits of joining the Members Club.||£200|
All Tee off times to be pre-booked online or with the Pro in the office by phone or email.
To apply for Course Membership please download the form below:
To be eligible to have a handicap and play in competitions it is necessary to pay a Club Membership of £25 to the Members Club. The Members Club is affiliated to the English Golf Unions, and organises competitions, league and friendly matches and regulates official CONGU handicaps. It is run by a group of Course Members who form the Members Club Committee. To obtain and retain a handicap and to play in Members Club competitions and matches you must join the Members Club.
To apply for Club Membership please download the form below:
What is a Club Membership?
Course members have a club of their own with their own committee which is affiliated to the English & Cumbria Golf Unions. Bentham Golf Club Members Club organises club competitions, social events and manages handicaps. The club charges a membership fee of £25 to cover affiliation fees, club diary costs and miscellaneous running costs.
For more information about the different membership sections at Bentham, including the ladies activities, junior membership or what local leagues we compete in, take a moment to read our membership information page.