Would all members please note that as of Monday 17th October 2011, until further notice, fairway mats must be used from the fairway and all closely mown areas. Alternatively, the ball may be placed in the nearest rough at least 2 club lengths from the edge of the fairway. Fairways mats are optional within 25 yards of the green (marked by white posts) even on closely mown areas. This is to protect the course for the 2012 season. Mats are available to buy in the Pro Shop at a cost of £5. Used mats are available to hire for 18 holes upon payment of a £5 deposit, refundable when the mat is returned.
Also, the new 3rd hole is now in play (playing from the new tees near the old 3rd tee to the old 4th green). There has been a new hole added in to be played after playing the current 15th to make up the 18 holes. This hole is played from the 6th tee to the (old) alternate 3rd green and is played after the 15th. If the course gets very wet, the green staff may split up the 5th hole into a short par 4 and a par 3. This gives the greenkeepers a total of 19 holes to “play with” when setting up the winter course, in an effort to have the driest 18 holes in play during the winter and to be closed as little as possible. Members will be advised of the exact course setup when they sign-in in the Pro Shop before play.
WINTER LEAGUE 2011/2012.
£10 PER PAIR. ENTRIES CLOSE OCTOBER 20TH
- OCTOBER 23 – MEDAL 4BBB
- NOVEMBER 13 – MEDAL 4BBB
- NOVEMBER 27 – MEDAL 4BBB
- DECEMBER 11 – SINGLES MEDAL
- JANUARY 15 – MEDAL 4BBB
- JANUARY 29 – MEDAL 4BBB
- FEBRUARY 12 – MEDAL 4BBB
- FEBRUARY 26 – SINGLES MEDAL
- MARCH 4 – 4 MAN TEAM SCRAMBLE (NOT PART OF LEAGUE)
ALL COMPETITIONS PLAYED OFF 3/4 OF FULL HANDICAP.
THIS YEAR THE WINTER LEAGUE IS PLAYED IN REGISTERED PAIRS WITH PRIZES FOR EACH SEPARATE COMPETITION, BUT IS A SINGLES LEAGUE WITH PRIZES AWARDED AT THE END OF THE WINTER SEASON.
ALL MATCH RESULTS WILL BE CONVERTED INTO STABLEFORD POINTS AND EACH PLAYER’S DOUBLES SCORE WILL BE COUNTED AS HIS SINGLES SCORE.
THEREFORE MEDAL SCORES WILL BE WORKED OUT AS PLUS/MINUS THE COURSE PAR OF 71 AND THEN ADDED/SUBTRACTED FROM 36 – THIS BEING THE PAR STABLEFORD SCORE FOR 18 HOLES [2 POINTS PER HOLE]. THEREFORE A PAIR ENTERING A SCORE OF NET 80 [9 OVER PAR] WILL BE AWARDED 27 POINTS EACH [36 – 9]. STANDARD SCRATCH WILL NOT ALTER DURING THE WINTER LEAGUE.
THE WINNERS OF EACH COMPETITION WILL BE DOCKED 1 SHOT EACH WITH RUNNERS – UP LOSING 0.5 EACH.
- Juniors with handicap of 28 or below may play with a senior player.
- Handicaps will be rounded up or down (16.4 = 16: 15.5= 16)
- The league will be played over 8 competitions with the best 6 scores to be counted. In the event of cancellations count 5 from 7, 4 from 6 but no fewer than 4 to count.
- In the event of a playing partner being unable to play a substitute may be used. If that substitute is not a registered winter league player he will only be eligible for a prize on the day. However the registered player will have his stableford points added to his winter league total. A registered player may also play on his own if he wishes for both prizes and points.
- There will be pair’s prizes for each separate competition.
- In the event of an overall tie the result of the final singles round [February 26th] will be used to decide the winner. Card play-off rules will apply.
(It has been agreed by the owners that all entry and registration fees will be paid into the Winter League.)
COURSE RULES FOR WINTER LEAGUE.
- ALL BUNKERS ARE G.U.R.
- FAIRWAY MATS ARE TO BE USED ON FAIRWAYS ONLY. PLAYERS HAVE THE CHOICE OF USING THE MAT OR DROPPING AND PLACING THE BALL IN THE SEMI- ROUGH NO NEARER THE HOLE.
- MATS MUST NOT BE USED IN THE ROUGH.
- ALL MATS MUST BE PLACED FLAT ON THE GROUND AND NOT BENT OR FOLDED TO GIVE AN IMPROVED LIE.
- FAIRWAY MATS NEED NOT BE USED BEYOND THE 25 YARD LINE [IF IN PLACE]IN FRONT OF THE GREENS.
Competitions committee 2011.